After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Los Reyes del Tango!!

The first time I heard them was in 1998 or 1999 in Torquato Tasso in San Telmo, and I went crazy. Now many years later I still am crazy for The Tango Kings, even though some of the orchestra's members have passed on, most notably José Libertella. But Juan D'Arienzo's fabulous music lives on through the eight-member players and singer of Los Reyes del Tango.


The occasion was to mark the Second Anniversary of the milonga Nuevo Chique, organized by Ruben y Marcela on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Casa Galicia on San Jose near Alsina.



 And celebrate we did! What a night for anyone who loves Juan D'Arienzo, and Ruben and I certainly do! People couldn't help dancing to the fabulous music, but I couldn't pry myself away from my front row center view of the musicians in action. The audience went crazy for them, and the musicians gave it back to us, with encores.


Me and The Kings

Marcela y Ruben
It was a super duper fabulous night, one which I won't forget any time soon.



1 comment:

kristin wendland said...

Hi, great info on Los Reyes! Do you know the name of the singer? I heard them at the Festival last August, but did not write down his name. Thanks!